My photo
Humble, Texas, United States
May 29th 2010 . Carnival Theme Wedding . DIY and close to free as possible.

Monday, January 25, 2010

DIY - Mission: Hide misquito candles.

My wedding is near water so i need a way of disguising my ugly cheap misquito candles!
Mod-Podge Everything! Hurricane glass I found for $3 each! These will surround the lake our wedding opens up to.
This will be my cupcake tower topper when i'm done with it...


I didn't know how easy this all is...


What you need. Tissue paper. Modpodge and spongebrush. and object to cover. easy.


1. prepare by protecting your surface that you are working on with newspaper.




2. for the aged or crinkled effect ball up tissue.


3. even spread modpodge to object and carefully place it to the tissue paper. i wrapped it around and cut around to remove excess around the corners of the N.


4. cover edges m.p. and fold over edges and place modpodge over the tissue paper in a thin even coat.


5. crinkle 2nd layer of your tissue paper (i'm using a print one this time)



6. Cut into smaller strips.

7. spread M.P. on object when laying down the new tissue and spread a thin cover of the top layer. When it dries it will have a glossy sheen.


so I did the same with the hurricane glasses...


Next DYI: Flag Garland

2 comments:

  1. I love all the DIY stuff you've got going on. It's so inexpensive, and so cute.

    Here's a tutorial for making a "Birthday Banner" which looks much like your flag garland: http://www.somewhatsimple.com/2009/12/happy-birthday-banner.html

    I was even thinking that you could incorporate the way she puts words on them by making one that says "Just Married" or "Mr. and Mrs. Neal." Just a few ideas for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christa, you are a very talented girl. Good look with all your projects. I am sure your wedding will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete